Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Calling all lower elementary teachers :)


Hey everyone,

Hope you all are having a great week. I am beginning to level my classroom library for my first graders next year. I have a lot of read-aloud books and want to add to my independent reading/guided reading library. Is there any great websites where you can print out little books? Where do you like to buy these books. What are some of your favorite books for beginning readers?

Thanks.


4 comments:

Tammy

Nellie Edge has some free printable books. If you have money to spend, Rigby or Wright Group books are great guided reading books.
❀ Tammy
Forever in First

Storie

Reading A-Z has leveled readers that you can print. It is a subscription site, but I think you can get a trial subscription and print out some for free to see if the site is what you are looking for.

Another great way to add books to your library is to do Scholastic book orders. They have different catalogs for different grade levels. We are very fortunate to have their book fair come to our school twice a year during conference week. Teachers create a wish list and our PTA helps advertise these lists to the families as they stop in to see the book fair.

Good luck!
Storie
Stories by Storie

Melanie Lloyd

I have printable readers in my TpT store -
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/My-First-Readers-Emergent-Reading-Games-Worksheets

I have seen lots of free little printable readers at TpT too :)

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T)

Nellie Edge and Reading A to Z are the best ones I've seen used in the classrooms.


Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Post a Comment

Thanks for the sweet note ♥

♡Daily Encouragement

♡Daily Encouragement