What do you do for weekly homework? Have you used packets before? What kinds of activities do you assign in your packets? During student teaching I saw how beneficial they can be.
Here is what I have created. It includes a cover sheet where daily homework is indicated. There is also, a reading log and a high frequency worksheet. I will be posting it on TPT soon!!
I teach first grade. We use guided reading and are privileged to have a ton of awesome colorful leveled books. So, we send home a new book every night except for friday. We have a small group lesson & then they read to an adult at home too. They also practice sight words and spelling, but the reading is what I like best. I feel like its simple for parents to fit in & the most beneficial thing to do to become a better reader. I have never experienced packets! Id love to check more out & learn about what you do!
I teach first grade. We use guided reading and are privileged to have a ton of awesome colorful leveled books. So, we send home a new book every night except for friday. We have a small group lesson & then they read to an adult at home too. They also practice sight words and spelling, but the reading is what I like best. I feel like its simple for parents to fit in & the most beneficial thing to do to become a better reader. I have never experienced packets! Id love to check more out & learn about what you do!
My old eyes can't really tell a lot about your packets. (Probably just me as I've been fighting the need to go get glasses.hahaha) We're not allowed to give homework other than requesting students read each night. I would love to know more about them and your expectations.
A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
- Henry Brooks Adams-
I am a 1st grade teacher. I love those "light bulb moments" and seeing students succeed.
3 comments:
I teach first grade. We use guided reading and are privileged to have a ton of awesome colorful leveled books. So, we send home a new book every night except for friday. We have a small group lesson & then they read to an adult at home too. They also practice sight words and spelling, but the reading is what I like best. I feel like its simple for parents to fit in & the most beneficial thing to do to become a better reader.
I have never experienced packets! Id love to check more out & learn about what you do!
I teach first grade. We use guided reading and are privileged to have a ton of awesome colorful leveled books. So, we send home a new book every night except for friday. We have a small group lesson & then they read to an adult at home too. They also practice sight words and spelling, but the reading is what I like best. I feel like its simple for parents to fit in & the most beneficial thing to do to become a better reader.
I have never experienced packets! Id love to check more out & learn about what you do!
My old eyes can't really tell a lot about your packets. (Probably just me as I've been fighting the need to go get glasses.hahaha) We're not allowed to give homework other than requesting students read each night. I would love to know more about them and your expectations.
Cynthia
2nd Grade Pad
Post a Comment
Thanks for the sweet note ♥