Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Cute lining up and hallway ideas anyone?
I will be starting up substitute teaching again soon and wondered if any of you had any effective ways to line up students and keep them silent (and in a straight line) in the hallways? Thanks so much!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
♡Daily Encouragement

2 comments:
If you have some time, you can have students line up by shoe size or height without talking before you head out to the hallway :-D
Miss J, thanks again for stopping by my blog! :)
I mostly work with kindergarten/primary grades and there is a lot of "commuting" that goes on between the students classroom and my intervention room. Here are a few hallway ideas for the little ones..."Catch a bubble" or "Catch a marshmallow" (you throw them each an imaginary bubble/marshmallow and they catch it and put it in their mouths...making them all look like they have little chipmunk cheeks!) :) Another one is to have them put on their silent slippers (pretend to slip on some slippers before leaving the room). Lastly, my classroom is in the 4th/5th grade hallway, so before we enter the 4/5 wing, I sprinkle imaginary fairy dust on their heads and turn the first graders into 4/5 graders. They love this idea...but of course, when we walk back to their classroom, I have to turn them back into first graders! :) Have fun and good luck with subbing! Do you currently have a long-term sub position?
Best,
Cortney
onceuponasubstitute.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
Thanks for the sweet note ♥